17 Oct 2012

Blood in the Badlands continued...

Just a quick peek to the campaign game we had over a week ago... It was my Ugg of Da Wyvern Cliffs and he´s orcs... against Morgear, the Skaven Warlord and he´s squeeky horde of smelly rats.


In the campaign we´re actually allies at the moment... but as I was "just passing through" Skaven lands, the rats misunderstood my intentions as I "took a rest" with my banner at the Iron Rock. Morgear somehow feared that I was trying to claim it for my own benefit... what a paranoid rat. I would never...


So we marched to war. I had pretty much the upper hand, for I had Spies (I got to see opponents armylist before battle), and +300pts that I had hired to my banner, with the silver I got from my mines.


After deployment, I got to realize that my spies and +300pts wasn´t going to win the game for me. Warplightning Cannon blew up six of my Savage Orc Boar Boyz... and kept going with it in the turns to come, shredding my Spear Chucka´s and Pump Wagons to pieces. I was really waiting for that missfire... that never came.


Skaven Battle Standard Bearer with he´s rats made pulp of my Night gobbo horde, even as they had to charge through whirling Fanatics...
And Skavens had allies (because of the Iron Rock). A Giant, Wolf Riders, a Night Goblin Shaman... and the Dice Gods, who all played important part of making my army smaller... and smaller.


Well, the orcs had few good moments too. Fanatics and Pump Wagons really worked this time... The boar boyz managed to destroy few unit, even as they lost most of the riders for warplightning at turn one... Giant picked up the Skaven army general Morgear, and threw him back in the battle, splattening the rat for good. (We´ll see if Morgear never fights again, after next campaign round).


My disappointment was actually my army general Ugg of da Wyvern Cliffs, and he´s trusty wyvern "Baity"... They were hiding from the Warplightning for the first three rounds, and in their first charge they made six hits... and zero wounds, as I threw five one´s and a two. The Dice Gods... And as I got depressed from the result, I forgot to throw the thunder stomp too :)


Example of how you throw "to wound" dice, when it really matters... That´s my  Lucky Wyvern tooth in the middle, that I throw with the dice...somehow it doesn´t work all the time :o


Here´s what´s left after the turn six. Orcs: Three boar boyz, Ugg and Baity, three spear chucka´s. Skavens: A giant... the big black mini hiding in the woods.  The game was all about huge carnage and dramatic turn of events. In the beginning of turn six it was still uncertain who´s gonna win... or if we were gonna draw the game. In short, it was a perfect game of Warhammer... And it was another victory for the greenskins! Waaagh!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment